Welcome!

This is your EMWP Summer Institute Book Group blog. You are asked to post at least once a week before and during the Institute. Your group leader will post additional assignments and post topics. Check back often. If you have any questions or concerns contact your leader, Angela - angela.k.knight@gmail.com.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Before Chapter 6 :)

I just realized that I saved my entry for last week in "drafts" and never published it. Reading it, I can't find what I wanted to change/fix. Maybe I just forgot? It is summer :)

Chapter 5 was really beneficial to me. The "Writeable Moments" that Vopat gives as examples of low risk writing prompts were very affirming to me. As we talked about in our meeting, many of the exercises I've seen done or done in my room, though perhaps called them something different. I can envision the students in my room being successful with many of prompts. We already do freewrites and timed writes. I also do a reading inventory with the students where I gauge their reading interests and attitudes before and after the class. I think, after reading this book, I will add a writing inventory as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a writing inventory. I have done similar things. Please share your questions with us for your reading inventory. I'll look for mine and we'll create a google doc-question bank of inventory questions.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.