Welcome!

This is your EMWP Summer Institute Book Group blog. You are asked to post at least once a week before and during the Institute. Your group leader will post additional assignments and post topics. Check back often. If you have any questions or concerns contact your leader, Angela - angela.k.knight@gmail.com.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

On Writing Circle Notebooks

At the beginning of Chapter 6, Vopat discusses writing circle notebooks, and the decisions that go into starting and keeping them. I want my writing students to keep a journal next year, so I think I will be going with a pocket folder for the writing circle notebooks. Otherwise, knowing my students, they will confuse their journals and put the wrong writing in the wrong place and they will get all confused.

I also think I'll have to find a way to keep the notebooks in my classroom. I liked Shari's idea of setting up mailboxes for the different writing circles to keep them in. Although they are high schoolers and should be responsible, the vast majority of my students have a tendency to lose everything. That, or they come to class empty handed. I could see them showing up with no materials on writing circle day and having to waste time sending them all back to their lockers only to find out that they left their work at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.